Stratus Building Solutions won the fastest growing crown from the St. Louis Business Journal, as noted in the newspaper's May 21-27, 2010 edition, because of the franchise firm’s extraordinary 300 percent revenue growth between 2007 and 2009, an achievement that by far outpaced all other privately owned companies in St. Louis.
Founded in 2004 in St. Louis by CEO Dennis Jarrett and President Pete Frese, Stratus Building Solutions’ annual revenue skyrocketed from $15 million to more than $60 million between 2007 and 2009, the Business Journal noted.
In a joint statement, Jarrett and Frese said, “Stratus Building Solutions earned this extraordinary Number One recognition from the St. Louis Business Journal because of the successful efforts by our growing international network of franchise owner-operators and employees. We are extremely proud, energized and motivated to retain our Number One Ranking in years ahead.”
Currently, Stratus Building Solutions has more than 50 established Master Franchises across America and five other nations, with commitments to expand Master Franchise and related Unit Franchise operations substantially this year in the U.S., Europe and Central America, and to enter Asian markets by 2011.
“From a revenue standpoint, we are about 40 percent ahead year-to-date, based on organic growth,” Frese said. “We expect revenue to be up 50 percent over last year when we close our books on 2010. In terms of our franchisee growth this year, we expect about a 50 to 60 percent increase,” Jarrett said. Recent Stratus Building Solutions business highlights include:
• Secured agreements in 2009 to establish 20 new Master Franchises in cities across the U.S. while expanding Unit Franchise growth in Panama and Lithuania, and across the U.S.;
• Introduced its widely-popular, eco-friendly “Stratus GreenClean” program to complement Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design projects (LEED) and provided "green" training for all Master Franchisors;
• In January 2010, Stratus Building Solutions was named the Number 1 New Franchise...the Number 3 Fastest-Growing Franchise ...and the Number 13 Overall Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2010 Franchise 500 ranking;
• In April 2010, Stratus Building Solutions was identified among the top 50 fastest-growing franchises in the nation by Franchise Times Magazine and FRANdata, which are leading sources of analytical information about the franchise industry;
• In November 2009, Stratus Building Solutions won the “2009 Best of Business Award” in the Building Services company category from the Small Business Commerce Association (SBCA) and, in September 2009, received the prestigious “2009 St. Louis Award” in the franchising category from the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA).
From headquarters at 1976 Innerbelt Business Center Drive in suburban St. Louis, Stratus Building Solutions offers 16 building service franchise plans providing environmentally safe cleaning systems, products, services and marketing support. Also, the firm offers its exclusive “Stratus Sani-Proof” program that kills bacteria, including Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), and other germs found in schools, health clubs, daycare centers, gyms, dormitories, medical offices and hospitals.
Stratus Affiliated Services, LLC, a division of Stratus Building Solutions, provides landscaping, energy audits, recycling, pest control, hard-surface cleaning and related services to complement the company’s successful building service franchise programs.
Stratus Building Solutions is a member of the International Franchising Association, the U.S. Green Building Council and the Green Business Bureau, VETFRAN and the St. Louis Regional Commerce & Growth Association.
For information about Stratus Building Solutions, call 314.731.2000 or toll-free 877.731.2020.